Saturday, March 28, 2009

How to add a creative commons license to your blog

I always wanted to understand the creative commons licenses and it is now that I decided that all my blog posts should have it by default making life easier for other people to reshare whatever I blog about.

I visited this link to generate the code snippet by just answering few questions:
and I also read a little bit this document which explains briefly some concepts:

This is the license I chose Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License and here is the break down:
  • BY - created BY
  • NC - No Commercial use
  • SA - Share Alike
I have decided to add the snippet of code in every single post by adding it to Blogger's "Post Template" under "Settings->Formatting"

Make other people's life easier and keep just the rights you want!




NOTE: I tried to use the following code to show you what the code snippet looks like but I ended up using a "textarea". Is there a better way to share HTML code? http://bguide.blogspot.com/2008/02/howto-add-custom-css-class-to-blogger.html


Creative Commons License
This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for promoting CC ! And to answer your question, in my opinion, there is a better way to insert html code. You can use this site http://www.elliotswan.com/postable/ to convert your code into html entities and then put it in a <code> tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a creative commons license on my blog. I chosen CC-BY unported license.

    ReplyDelete