Back in December 7th, we managed to get all the piping done for re-imaging pandas and assigning dummy jobs to them (see "B2G test jobs running on panda boards on the Cedar branch" post for details).
Last week, after I came back from holidays, I was pleased to see that one of the last blocking bugs had been solved (bug 820617 - Add a hook to make NetworkManager not manage offline status and use it in Marionette for B2G CI) and I could now try to run the tests.
Last Friday, we landed the code to actually run the tests . This is simply run with a mozharness script like this:
At that point in time we stopped running dummy jobs and started running tests for the first time./tools/buildbot/bin/python scripts/scripts/b2g_panda.py --cfg b2g/panda_releng.py
Thirty five fixed dependent bugs later (and 2 bugs left to be fixed) I can say that it has been a great joint project and I have personally learned a lot through it.
It would have great to have completed it a while ago but too many difficulties and code problems were found.
I hope to write to you soon once the tests go green and we start running them every b2g branch.
This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.