This project can be broken down in a fast way like this:
- get a 64 bit machine from IT with a 64 bit Windows 2008
- install the right tool-chain
- generate manually the build
- pass it to someone to QA it
- make sure that Windows 08 can be managed by OPSI
- automate the build process
- clone more machines and include them on a pool
- move these machines to production
- run unit tests on Talos Rev3 machines
- run talos
- debug builds
A bonus will be to investigate how to create Windows 32 bit builds on these machines since we don't want to have two separate pool of builders. The only problem is that it will definitively turn into scope creep if we choose to include it since the beginning. I will have to evaluate this with more time.
Any experienced Win32/64 cross-compiler guy out there?
This work by Zambrano Gasparnian, Armen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.