Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chattanooga here I come!

Study week is around the corner and I will be flying to Chattanooga, TN to attend a one day symposium called "FOSS Sypmposium 2009" in which the sessions will be about integrating FOSS into the Undergraduate Computing Curriculum.

This opportunity arose thanks to Chris Tyler and Dave Humphrey who suggested me to take part of it since I am writing a white paper in open-source and education.
The good thing is that it is happening during my study week and Mozilla Foundation was able to fund this trip (Frank, thanks again!) to meet all these educators that are trying to break the molds and integrate open-source into the CS curriculum with some of them with amazing success stories as well!

I am really excited because there are many interesting people attending and I want to hear first hand what they have to say and what they have done already.

It is going to be great. Stay tuned for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment